Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fall--Beautiful Time of Year!

Fall has been a welcome change, especially since there has been rain lately!  Within a month's time, everything sprang back to life!  The grass greened up and grew a bunch; I may have to mow one more time.  I have more plants to move in before the end of the month, as I want to make sure that none of them freeze.  I also want to finish cleaning the ornamental garden before everything dies back for winter.  It has beautiful rain lilies and many other plants that are healthy.  I do miss that when the cold wind blows and it seems like spring will never get here.  However, spring tends to be a windiest time of year for us, so I would just love to skip over that part!  Then summer comes and it is too hot!  Last summer I didn't mow any from the end of May until the end of September.  Four long months of no rain, just watering whatever is really necessary.  That really was rough!

Mom is more generous now that she has had an epiphany, she claims.  That helps me to tolerate the job I have a little more.  She can be incorrigible at times, and my husband can too, only in a different way.  They are both pieces of work!  I just love them both so!  Sweet Jesus, give me strength! 

No comments: